Many Ways to Get Involved. During the Sisters Country Horizons visioning process, we will engage the community in answering key questions about our future. The outcome will be a strategic vision for our community – and a plan to achieve it. Between now and September, Sisters Country Horizons will engage the public through a variety of activities:
- During the first four months of the Sisters Country Horizons visioning process, we engaged the entire community in answering key questions about our future.
- Between community interviews, an online community survey, community meetings and other presentations, we received nearly 1,000 submissions from Sisters Country residents and several thousand specific data points for our input database. See the Community Interviews Report and Community Input Report for detailed summaries on what we heard.
- We also conducted Community Forums attended by approximately 140 people on the four vision focus areas: Connected Sisters, Prosperous Sisters, Livable Sisters, and Resilient Sisters.
- Between now and September, Sisters Country Horizons will analyze, summarize and condense all community input into a draft vision statement with top priority strategies.
- There are still ways to make your voice is heard: look for Online Community Survey II coming July 23, when you will be able choose your top-priority strategies for the Vision Action Plan; consider applying for one of the limited seats on the Horizons Vision Action Team (announcement coming in July); and plan on attending the Community Vision Summit and celebration in late September (date, time and location TBA).
- Watch this space for future updates, check The Nugget for articles and ads, and get ready for the Vision Summit, where it all comes together.
In the fall we will begin developing a vision action plan to be completed by January 2019.
“Tell me, I forget. Show me, I remember. Involve me, I understand.”
~ Chinese proverb