Many Ways to Get Involved. During the Sisters Country Horizons visioning process, we engaged the entire community in answering key questions about our future. The outcome was a strategic vision for our community – and a plan to achieve it. Between March and November, the public was involved through a variety of activities:
- During the first four months of the Sisters Country Horizons visioning process, we involved the community in answering key questions about our future.
- Between community interviews, an online community survey, community meetings and other presentations, we received hundreds of submissions from Sisters Country residents and several thousand specific data points for our input database. See the Community Interviews Report and Community Input Report for detailed summaries on what we heard.
- In the summertime we conducted Community Forums attended by approximately 140 people on the four vision focus areas: Connected Sisters, Prosperous Sisters, Livable Sisters, and Resilient Sisters. These events resulted in a list of 54 potential strategies for the future.
- Following a second online survey in late summer, the project analyzed, summarized and condensed all community input into a draft vision statement and 20 top priority strategies.
- Finally, in the fall, a 31-member Vision Action Team developed a series of actions and related information to help implement the public’s top priority strategies. The results were previewed to Sisters City Council on November 28 and brought back in final draft form on January 9, 2019. The final plan will be adopted by Council on February 13, 2019.
- Early in 2019, the City of Sisters plans to appoint a Vision Implementation Team (VIT) to move our community’s Vision Action Plan forward.
- Watch this space for future updates, and check The Nugget for articles and updates!
“Tell me, I forget. Show me, I remember. Involve me, I understand.”
~ Chinese proverb